Thursday, April 14, 2016

Two Weeks of Chaos, Wil and R2-D2

Recently, Wil Wheaton wrote about a talk he gave at Miami University about bullying.  I felt particularly inspired after reading what he wrote in the following:
"OK, one last fundamental truth of life: you attract to yourself what you put into the world. When you are kind and gentle, you’ll find yourself surrounded by kind and gentle people, and you’ll all be like a tribe of awesome."
This quote made me reflect on the past two weeks at work, which have been very challenging.  My entire career, actually, has been challenging.  I have taught close to ten different classes, spanning every level from AP to special needs.  I've been called on the Sunday night before the first day of school to be asked to teach an all-senior, field course in which the students themselves drive around to meet me at select field sites.  Gee, nothing could EVER go wrong in that class requiring a law suit, heh, right? RIGHT?

Anyway, I survived all that and here I am with mo' teaching mo' problems.  I'm kind of like R2-D2, because he survived all the prequels.  They were harsh.  TOTALLY as harsh as high school.  I wish I could fist-bump my little bro, Artoo, right now and give him a look that says 'tight' (McLovin, anyone?)

So, back to my point; the last two weeks and Wil's inspiring words.  I've had a challenging couple weeks.  In the middle of it all, I have found some compelling power that has reinvigorated me, despite the chaos.  I've decided that I am going to think positively and send those vibes outward.  It is working, so far, because I am gaining perspective.  I am seeing the chaos for what it is, and trying to reverse it, one day at a time.  I want a tribe of awesome.  I will not lay down and give up!  If Artoo can make it to the 7th movie, so will I.  Thanks, Wil.

No comments:

Post a Comment