Sunday, April 10, 2016

April Fool's First!

Better late than never, right?  I never have had the courage or the prowess to attempt a prank on April Fool's day in full blown fashion.  However, this year, I totally got a kid!  A kid went to get something from his locker, and the rest of the class and I scrambled to set ourselves up as if we were taking a quiz.  The kid returned, and I told him his quiz was waiting for him.  After a few tense moments during which I announced it was the last quiz of the quarter, he looked up to meet my eyes.  Pleadingly, he asked if this was graded.  I yelled April Fool's and he just about collapsed with relief.

Later in the day, another student in a different class got ME for the first time, too!  He left his phone behind, as if he forgot to pack it up.  I grabbed it for safe keeping on my desk, figuring he'd pick it up after school got out.  Last period rolled around, and he comes to get the phone.  It was missing!  I freaked out, with thoughts of how much money that phone was worth running through my head. As I sputtered out excuses and explanations, he just held his phone up to the rest of my students coming into the class, and laughed.  I finally caught on and called him a little stinker and shooed him out.

Fast forward to this week.  I tried to get him back and failed miserably.  Instead, I accidentally pranked his friend who sits in the next seat.  Ugh!  So guess who now has declared world war 3 on me.  What am I going to do?  I'm so nervous!

No, scratch that.  I'm going to win, and win BIG.  After all, the force is strong with me. Watch out kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment