Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Use Your Library! OverDrive reader is so handy!

I love listening to audiobooks!  I also dig reading ebooks on my phone.  I don't have an ereader, but my phone does the job.  If you don't already know, download OverDrive app.  It is completely free and it allows you to sync with your library network to borrow and download books from the library.  Since its from the library, is it free, and you're supporting the local library network!

I highly recommend this is you're trying to save some money from buying ebooks and buying audiobooks.  There's just no need.  It works with pretty much any ereader or smartphone.  As long as you're patient with waiting for books on hold, you'll be find.

My strategy is to just add a bunch of books onto my hold list, and as they come in I keep adding more on standby.  Plus, I use both the minuteman and the Boston public library network to double my hold list.  I even will put the same book on hold from each library to get whichever one will become available first, then remove the hold on the other.

If you're okay waiting a little for books, and a limited selection (which you can suggest books to your library and they'll buy them) then you're going to be as happy as I am.  DO IT!  Arnold says DO IT NOOOWWW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment