Monday, July 27, 2015

I went to Brooklyn, didn't see Jake.

I was brave and drove to Brooklyn on my own a few weekends ago.  It wad that, or the bus.  It took four hours to go there and 3 hours on the return.  Not too shabby,  right?   I credit the waze app.  Everyone had been telling me about its excellent service with the added bonus of fun voice navigation by 'Arnold' or 'boy band'.

Arnold helped me arrive in Brooklyn safely,  after which I dined on a delicious Polish and Russian dinner.  Stuffed with peiriogi, my friends and I walked to Great Harrys Bar and played a few rounds of old school pinball.  They straight up had an AC/DC machine,  which was definitely a tough pinball setup. I lost horribly!

The last stop that night was the Clover Club.  It's very well known and their cocktails assaulted my tongue with new flavors beyond most that I've had in Boston.   Well played,  Brooklyn.

The morning came with pancakes and coffee! Naturally,  I'm talking brunch in NYC.  Luluc had amazing pancakes and around the corner Blue Bottle served up a cold brew that blended chicory and spices to create a glorious uplifting sip. 

Wait,  there's still more!  Museum Hack whisked us around the Met, revealing the underbelly of some of the most famous pieces of their collections.  I never knew how messed up art and the collecting of art really could be.   Then again,  when you get insanely rich people throwing their Benjamins around,  its a crazy time.  I highly recommend their tours.  The guide's theme was 'people have been people for as long as people have been people.' So basically we got the dirty stories behind the art commissions and collections.

My evening wound down with a Mala soup hotter than the human torch (Chris Evans version,  of course - so hot!)  I capped that with a good few lights at Mcsorley's.  I just can't even begin to describe how much that bar rules. Just go!

Not too shabby.  Not too shabby at all.

Btw...I hope at least one person got my post title reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment