Monday, July 20, 2015

Slowing Down

I'm pretty thankful for what I have.  In the summer months, I have a lot of time off because of my job.  When I'm alone for that amount of time I sometimes find myself becoming bored, but I've eliminated that feeling quite often with self reflection and simply 'slowing down'.

I would suggest this to anyone.  Your time does NOT have to be filled.  Sitting alone in a room, without the TV or radio on (okay maybe music is allowed...) is a good thing.  I especially emphasize that TV suggestion.  Without anything visually stimulating, I find I can actually completely slow down and absorb myself with, well, myself.

Today I watched a video clip about privilege in which individuals would step forward or backwards after being asked questions about status or social rank.  That gave me a lot to think about in my down time.  I think it made me glad for my life and the role I have in my tiny little space.  Maybe consider taking five minutes, today, and just slow down, sit, and think.

1 comment:

  1. I get bored on the weekends sometimes and I really could stand to do this. Just sit and reflect.

    ReplyDelete