Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Does anyone else old fashion blog?

Or as normal people call it, write in a diary?  I have written in one since 1996 or so, which should be when I was in 8th grade.  I had a pseudo diary before then, but it was really just a note book with the Pillsbury dough boy on the front in which I would record random quotes and funny things that happened while I was with my friends.  So, while that one doesn't really count, I would consider myself a long time diary writer.

The subject of diaries, which prompted this blog post, came up while I was at a lovely ladies night last Saturday.  I joined three of my friends at Audubon Bar in Brookline.  We settled in at a nice table and enjoyed talking to the waitress and the manager while deciding on our orders.  Our waitress arrived at some point soon after, hands full and wait staff in tow with our goodies.  (I highly recommend the butternut squach soup and gryere grilled cheese!)  After munching our meals and slurping down our drinks she checked back on us.   We couldn't help but admire her necklace.  As she explained, it turned out that it was a remolded version of her grandmother's engagement ring.  On the tail of her story about the ring, my friends and I wound up talking about relationships, love and all those amazing things that crop up while in good company.   Finally the topic of New Year's Resolutions came up.  

My friend shared that a new year's resolution she sought to accomplish was a 'joy journal'.  Apparently, this is a journal in which you write one joyful thing each day.  I shared that I have been recording my thoughts and feelings in my diaries (yes, plural) for many years.  My friends seemed rather stunned.  To be honest, I sometimes find myself surprised, too, at the time I've spent dedicated to writing in my journals.  They're nothing but my ramblings and bitching, but I think I am proud.  I am proud to have kept up with my outlet for all these years.  If I was writing a joy journal, like my friend, I think I'd have to add my diaries as today's entry of joy.

4 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the support and comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't written in an actually diary for a while but I have been blogging online for years. Since the old livejournal days. Maybe I should take up old school diary writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh my I had a diary land account, it was so bad. Haha

    ReplyDelete