Thursday, December 1, 2016

I haven't skated since college!

My news feed supplied me with a very fun event: Holiday Skating Path!  Apparently, a huge area downtown is opening up as a little holiday village.  Seeing as I haven't skated since I was in college, this will be a treat of terrible horror.  I don't want to fall on my old lady hip.  Maybe I should bring a chair to push in front of me like a little toddler.  LIKE A TODDLER.

That isn't very dignified, is it?  I'm so afraid of hurting my hip with anything I do!  Despite being a vibrant 30-something, I sometimes feel like a Wookiee taking cover behind an Ewok against Storm Trooper fire; its a totally useless effort.  When will I realize that A) troopers can't hit the broad side of a Star Destroyer anyways and B) the best thing I can do is get over my hip and go back to regular life?

Ok all star wars analogies aside, I'll see you there, right?  At least there's multiple ski chalet huts in which I can nurse my wounds with a delightful beverage.  I hope they have egg nog!  (...which...by the way, I only first tried last year).  Maybe I'll have to just have some Hoth chocolate!  (Ha, see that, I got one more lame Star Wars reference in there.  Boooyah!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! We need to pick a date to do this. We'll get the milk crates out if need by for you ha ha

    ReplyDelete