Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Netflix Rewind and Stuffed with Stuffing

Has anyone else sat down to watch a show on netflix, only to get so distracted that you find yourself restarting the show a few times?  I just did on Saturday.  I felt pathetic, and I really should have just turned on some music.  For instance, for a solid half hour, the show was playing in the background and I just couldn't pay attention so I restarted it about five times.  I blame myself, and my inattentiveness when surrounded by my cell phone and laptop.

Then again, I was very distracted all weekend, anyway.  A lot has happened lately in my life and I needed a decompressing day.  Thanksgiving was nice, but fell into the chaos category.  The day was tasty and fun, and I'm still trying to squeeze into my pants after feasting my face on pie and stuffing.

Speaking of stuffing, I tried a new recipe!  I cut up harvest bread from Nashoba Valley Bakery.  It has candied ginger, walnuts, cranberries, dates, apricots and multi-grains.  I toasted it up, then mixed it with some sauteed onions, celery, rosemary and sage.  Add some broth and a beaten egg, toss it in an oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and you're in for a tasty treat.

Then again, nothing beats stuffing in the bird, but my mom was doing the bird.  I was just doing backup stuffing.  I'm the backup singer of stuffing, and that's okay.

2 comments:

  1. Any leftover stuffing? There was only Stove-Top where I went, which is very underwhelming. Enough that I will probably try to make my own stuffing, perhaps in the near future, to satisfy my cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, there was very little left over stuffing. I need to make MORE. I'm hungry, now.

    ReplyDelete