Monday, November 21, 2016

Head of the Charles - you will be missed, sorry!

This time last year the start of my hip problems really escalated.  It began when I went down to the head of the Charles, which is a crew regatta.  I went with my friend, Katie, and I walked with her the whole length of the river in my heeled boots.  Bad idea.  I had just started to workout at orange theory with her and my hip had been tight, twingy and generally just felt 'wrong.'  Wearing boots for that length of time while standing and walking was a BAD idea.  It made my hip feel the worst it had ever felt before that time.  I wish I had listened to my body back last fall!
So, this fall, I'm not going.  However, it isn't because my hip.  Instead, I had a really fun weekend planned and I just don't have time to visit the regatta.  Oh well, that doesn't bother me in the least.  I typically hadn't gone and it won't be missed, really.
In other news, I'm actually getting a little brave and I want to try to return to orange theory workouts.  I have some credit at the place, since they totally charged me for two months even though I had put in a medical waiver.  It is expensive but I liked going there.  I hope I can redeem my refunded credit for a pack of classes, instead of a month of unlimited, because I can barely attend once a week.  Let's face it...I don't even know if I can go and hack it at all.  Ugh I hate my hips.

2 comments:

  1. It sucks to get sidelined like that. I keep having a similar issue with my right hamstring. I can't wear half my shoes because they will aggravate it hence why I wear my converse all the time ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm supposed to do pilates today...my hip hurts. :(
      I've been trying planks....maybe I went too fast on increasing my times.

      Delete