Monday, September 26, 2016

Texting Can be Irksome, Agree/Disagree?

I go back and forth between being a 'texter' or not.  Sometimes I quite enjoy texting with friends while I am watching TV, relaxing, or winding down before bed.  However, there comes a time when I know a phone call or actually seeing the person would be so much better.  That irksome situation usually doesn't arise, but sometimes I can't avoid feeling as if I wished the person on the other end of the phone (or myself) had just pressed 'call' or said 'Hey, do you want to meet up instead?'

I would never want to totally replace every technological exchange with in person or in voice interaction, though.  I'm saying that sometimes you find, after minutes or maybe even hours of exchange, that you would have much rather just seen that person or talked or maybe even facetime/skyped.  (I've never really done facetime or skype).  I know people are very opinionated on this matter because it has come up in conversations with friends.

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Texting is great for brief communication, but terrible for actual conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer texting but sometimes it's easier to explain something over the phone. I skype with my brother and his family. Much better than just talking on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick check in works, but alas the long dragged out thing wastes so much time saved with a quick call.

    ReplyDelete