Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Hungry Ganges

I can't spell 'games' very well, so I guess I'm taking a Mother Ganges take on The  Hunger Games.  Uhh, no.  Anyways...I went out last Tuesday before Thanksgiving to see the last installment of my adorable pita bread and his companion catnip's adventures in Panem.  I don't give a fig for the girl, but my dear pita bread is so awesome.  I love that actor; he is so dang cute. But couldn't he be a bit taller?  For a girl who is 5'7", it is frustrating. If  you're about 5'5" I envy you, ladies.  I love heels, and feel like a amazonian crazy woman when I wear them.  But, I do love them, so I do it anyway.

Okay, back to the mockinbird stuff.  I meant it when I don't give a fig for catnip.  She is always dour, doesn't give way in the much of  personality, and can't ever decide what she wants to do until she is actually doing it.  Every time she 'heroically took action', I want to shout at her "HELLO McFly!!"

She never came across to me as a very charismatic character so I never bought into her.  I also never bought into Team Gale.  Gale was in the first book for about a hiccup's worth of time, and that is all I saw him as: a blip in catnip's life.  Oh yay, they went hunting together.  Big woop.  Then the movies built him up, and I just didn't get the gist of the whole love triangle.  When I was reading, I never felt it was not a very strong dramatic theme in the plot.  I think I missed something.  Did anyone else feel that way about Gale?

So the hunger whatevers aren't going to be a big fandom for me, EVER...but I will say the Infernal Devices series is starting to pick up and it has got all the pacing, romance, action, conflict that I crave.  I can't decide if I am team Jem or Will.  I'm only on the first book, Clockwork Angel, and not too far.  I admit I sneaked a peak on the wiki for the book series and know more than I should now.  My snooping has changed my suspicions of how the series may unfold, but I didn't snoop too much to spoil reading the series.  Thanks to Ginny, for giving me the recommendation of the series.  (I think it was you, right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment