Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Soggy Mess

I didn't think I was menopausal, but I've been waking up sweating and gross repeatedly over the past couple months.  It is likely because I now have a toaster oven heating system.  Baseboard electric is kind of a pain in the ass, but I like living where I am so I will have to continue to work with the system.

Anyway, I have managed to figure out for a few nights a bone dry solution and there seems to be no rhyme of reason to the sweating pattern.  I can't figure out if my down duvet is too heavy, or I'm wearing too many clothes or if the temperature is too hot or too cold.  

I start cold, then at some point between 1:45AM to 3:00AM I wake up damp with sweat and hot.  I change clothes, pull the bedclothes back and try to get back to sleep.  I'm in bad need of suggestions, even though I've already asked my sister-in-law.  She lived in the apartment before I moved in and owns the place.

In other news, I just watched the new Star Trek Beyond trailer.  I'm a little concerned over this new Kirk-Lady romance thing going on, but the supporting characters' roles seem to be strong and dynamic, which is what amps me up for the movie.  I'm a huge Bones, Scotty and Spock fan.  Is anyone a bigger fan of Kirk?  I'm not against Kirk, I just like the other guys so so much more!

Anyway, good luck to everyone else in their slumber endeavors!

2 comments:

  1. I have to sleep with the heat on low. I have baseboard heating as well, and it takes up 50% of our bedroom. So needless to say, if I sleep with the heat on a normal temp, I'm dying! It just sucks getting out of bed to a cold house in the mornings though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the idea in my head, however, that if the room is TOO cold that my body starts going into overdrive and still results in my crazy sweats.

      Delete