Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I'm a Cranky Wimp in the Heat

It's was about as hot as Ryan Gosling out there yesterday in Boston.  Shirtless.  Yep, that hot.  So, naturally, I needed to take my dog out at dusk to let him cool off and do his bidding and what do I find?  A guy, standing in a tree, just watching, waiting and being generally creepy in the dog park.  Watching and wait for what?  His dream lover to show and run up the trunk into his arms?
Ugh.  Now, I don't mean to complain about the Allston-Brighton area, but egads, what new oddities am I going to run into tomorrow?  Maybe I need to set the scene some more just to show how truely irritating this pre-summer time in college-ville can be.  I had just passed a yard full of sloppy college kids, a couple screaming out their apartment windows likely in the midst of a breakup.  Oh yeah, and let's not forget the dude who decided it would be a great idea to tear down the busy street and then screech to a  full stop in front of his friend to show off his new ride.  Really?  I mean, REALLY?
No shortage of tomfoolery in this area.  Or should I say, a massive shortage of brain cells?  The heat must have started to cook student's brain cells away already. The smart ones went home for the summer, already, it seems.  Yikes, isn't it too early for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment