Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Attempt at Half Full

Admittedly, I tend to be a bit debbie downer in my blog posts.  I usually only come up with something to blog about if I'm in the mood to criticize and complain.  I've decided to break that trend today with a happy post!
Hmm.  I got nothing.  Oh, wait, I know.  I received a pretty empowering gift from a student the other day.  It was a journal made by women in Bangladesh who were given the opportunity to learn skills and trades to help them climb out of poverty and become empowered.  My student wanted to get me something significant to our class together, and also something she thought I would like and enjoy.  It was a heart warming gift, given the student had always gravitated towards the poverty and women's rights issues in our class.  It is these moments that help me stay teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment