Thursday, May 7, 2015

MERCHANDISING!! MERCHANDISING!

I went out to the Red Sox Star Wars on Monday and received a lovely little plastic baseball that is the shape of the death star.  Of course I was excited to get a baseball, but once I stood in line, eagerly awaiting glory and riches, the realization hit me that it might just be a hunk of cheap pressed plastic.  It was.  Terrible.  To top that off, once I had it in hand, I exclaimed in disappointment, "Its not even accurate!"
Thinking this was in jest, my friends erupted in laughter.  I was not joking.  How dare anyone taint the illustrious power of the death star by limiting it to a little plastic niblet.  The plastic, which insults the 'sport' of baseball, then the inaccuracy slices through my fandom.
So, I was thinking...what will they do next?  Give away a free millenium hawk replica?  ...BUT wait, it comes with a free ewok co-pilot!  Ugh.  Amateurs.  Merchandising use to be an art.

So at any rate, I'm not the hugest star wars fan, compared to some extremes, but at at the very least I have the basics down.  BASICS, people!  (And basic happens to be the standard language in the star wars galaxy.)
END NERD RANT  *drop the mic*

1 comment:

  1. It does feel pretty cheap and I feel like it wouldn't have taken much to make it accurate so no excuses! For shame! Nerd rant away!

    ReplyDelete