Monday, January 9, 2017

The Revenge of the Recipe!

Since it dropped to a new low today (11 degrees F) I thought I would write about all the new recipes I'm trying.  Since the summer has long left me, my house is no longer the fire pit of despair, and as such baking and cooking has returned!  I'm super excited, but it'll damage my waist line.  I can try healthy stuff, true true, but what fun is there in that?
So far I made a buffalo chicken pull apart bread, cinnamon bun french toast muffins, a new cranberry harvest stuffing and some pretty tasty greek yogurt dips.  I've also cranked out a few batches of vegetarian chili (ask me for the recipe - so dang good!) and even my Mass Corn chowder.  I love this chowder because it isn't a super thick stewy one.  It is still hearty, and super savory!
Maybe now that I am making some yummy food I will be able to sit down and crank through a lot of my netflix backlog.  I just posted on social media the request for 'must watch' shows, and it has definitely expanded my already extensive watch list.  There just isn't enough time and I want to enjoy so many fun shows.  I feel like a jerk even complaining - what a putz.

What is the last thing you made?

2 comments:

  1. Chicken noodle soup! Last week was protein week. I'll never pass up post holiday chuck roast sales ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a rockin' enchilada soup too...did I mention that?

    ReplyDelete