Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I Can't Repel Firepower of that Magnitude!

Okay...another dorky title to this blog.  Please, let me explain.  I just signed up to GoodReads and I cannot resist all the time suckage.  I just can't repel its power!  I feel like Ackbar did in ROTJ because I simply can't fight against the power of GoodReads.  My friend Ginny said she used it to track her book reading.  I decided, since I am trying to read 26 books this year, that I should track them, too.  I already had a record from OverDrive reader, but it doesn't give way in the much of organizing or helping me find more books.
GoodReads - its nuts!  I just spent only ten minutes -only ten, mind you- and I added 88 books alone that I want to read this year.  I also used some of those ten minutes to add the 27 I read last year.  Well, okay...20, really.  Seven were graphic novels and I am not really counting them, or maybe I'll count them for a quarter of a book.  That feels like cheating.  Let's just call it 21 books.  It's a good number.
Well....bring it on.  26 this year - that is a book every fortnight.  According to the Pew Research Center's 2013 reports, the average number of books the average American reads is 12 a year.  The median number is 5 per year.
Where do you stand in those numbers?  What is your goal this year?

5 comments:

  1. oh just wait until you start getting into the book discussions! You should add me. I'll post the link on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I shouldn't even mention BookBub, then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh please do, please do! i'll have to check that out. I do, however, only really listen to audiobooks. does that matter?

      Delete
  3. I miss my old days of online message boards

    ReplyDelete