Friday, October 21, 2016

Anemia, anyone?

Last week I couldn't help feeling every day after work as if I wanted to sleep all day long.  I napped that Sunday around noon, lazed about and finally rolled into bed for the night.  I fell asleep at about 9PM with my lights on, to boot.  I awoke around 3:45AM to go to the bathroom, which has become a common occurrence.  I do not like waking up in the middle of the night, but if I do I prefer earlier so I have the feeling of having so much more time sleep.

On my way to work this morning my eyelids were so dang heavy.  So what gives?  I think my anemia is kicking in to kick my butt.  I know caffeine intake can impact it, and my lack of hydration with alcohol consumption, too.  I drank a lot of coffee that particular weekend and not too much fluids.  I also haven't eaten a lot of iron rich foods.  This is really bothersome.  I have to be better at remembering to take my supplement and get back on track.  I should also take some more B vitamin.  Until then, bring on the snoozes.  Here's a sleepy kitty who feels like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment