Sunday, December 18, 2016

Planks and Thanks FAIL and Birthday Hijinx

Last month I joined a 30 day plank challenge.  Each day we increased the amount of time for the planking.  My friend on facebook hosted it and would post cute little motivational photos to help us along.  I did alright for about a week or so, but then fell off the wagon.  I tried to get back into things towards the end and at least didn't give up totally.
This month, we're doing the 12 days of fitmas.  The first day starts with one exercise, then the second day a second exercise with two reps is added and so forth.  That means the last day there will be 12 exercises, the last one having 12 reps - I haven't an idea what the last one could be, maybe something simple like 12 jumping jacks.
I guess the reason I am posting about this is because I am a bit upset about my figure.  I eat well during the week but come weekend I shatter.  I am somewhat hesitant to work out rigorously because my hip starts hurting.  I'm surrounded by eating and food and parties.  I love all that stuff, but I can't seem to strike any balance.
For instance, I pigged out at a birthday dinner last month then with drinks, all those calories add up.  At least there was some dancing and that was good activity.  The whole night was hilarious, in a weird way.  Taking an uber 300 feet is comedy, for instance.
Who has suggestions for getting into shape?  Links? Videos? Programs? Suggestions?  Please post some help.  You're my only hope, obi-wan fit-nobi.

No comments:

Post a Comment